The Wodonga Abattoir Quality Assurance department is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance is maintained for areas including Meat Safety, OH&S, Environmental Safety and Industrial Relations.
The development of an Integrated Quality Assurance System (IQAS) and it’s subsequent implementation provided us the framework to ensure the continuation of ‘Producing Quality Outcomes’ and maintains our status as an industry leader.
The development of this system has been based around effective HACCP based risk assessment and the subsequent standards that are set ensure that the final outcome for our customers is clean and safe product, which has met all of our regularitory requirements.
In meeting our obligations we operate the entire processing operation to the standards of:
- Our approved arrangement;
- Export Control Act 1982 – AQIS Export Control (Meat and Meat Products) Orders 2005;
- Workcover – OH&S Act 2004;
- Environmental Protection Authority – Environment Protection Act 1970;
- Industrial Relations Commission – Australian Industrial Relations Commission Workplace Relations Act 1996;
- Ausmeat and Country/Customer Requirements – Export Control Orders 1982;
As audited by the following regulatory authorities:
- Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS)
- Work Cover
- Environmental Protection Authority
Our IQAS is promoted to all employees as underpinning the day-to-day operations of the company.
Our Quality Assurance Department is continually involved in a program of regular monitoring to ensure standards are being met and maintained. The QA department can then utilise a quality management system by THETA Technologies, called iLeader. This is a computer-based system that is available both plant-wide and remotely that allows us to conduct real time reporting of Meat Safety, OH&S, Environmental Safety and Industrial Relations issues in conjunction with our HACCP / IQAS programs.